AquaPoppy Designs

27 March 2008

Moving On

Tuesday started out as a great day but ended up being kind of hard for me. The weather was beautiful so Evan and I hopped in the Jeep and headed to the Tulsa Zoo. It was gorgeous and all the animals were out and very playful. Sneezy the elephant, who happens to be Evan's favorite, was really showing off and had Evan cracking up.

After we finished up at the zoo, I wanted to go by Pottery Barn Kids and pick up a few things for Evan's bathroom so we headed off to Utica Square. Ok, I have driven to Tulsa about a million (well, it seems like it) times since we moved but Tuesday, as I headed to midtown, I was just overcome with sadness that this wasn't my home anymore. As I drove around, I couldn't believe how affected I was. Maybe it was because it was the first time I didn't really have an agenda or an appointment to get to. I was just goofing off, like I used to do all of the time.

After we went to PBK, I decided to go see our old neighbor, Kaye and her "kids", especially Jayden. Right now, she has four foster kids, but only one of them from the time we lived there. Unfortunately, Jayden was one of the ones that had moved on.

It was wonderful to meet the new kids and just sit in Kaye's living room...just like old times. But once again, it was so incredibly sad being just next door to MY house and I couldn't go in. The flower beds looked beautiful and as I stood there looking, I was just so proud of all the hard work Matt and I put in that house. Because it looks FANTASTIC!

Anyway, as time goes on, this new house is really starting to feel like our home and I know now that this is the only house Evan even remembers. Not even four months have gone by, but he didn't recognize the old house at all.

I know that most people would probably say Tulsa is far from being an extraordinary city. But there are literally memories for me at every turn. For me, it is just hard to give that up.

Downtown Tulsa:

The Golden Driller:

Our beautiful church, Holy Family Cathedral:

***I don't remember exactly where I got these pictures, but thank you for capturing some of my favorite views!

No comments: