AquaPoppy Designs

07 November 2007

On the Move...

We sold our house last week. It was on the market for six days when we got an offer that was exactly what we were asking. We priced our house very fair (probably a little too fair, really!) and a young lady just out of college is buying it.



As the closing date (December 7) draws nearer, I realize how sad I am to leave this home. At first I thought it was just the thought of living so far from family (and 60 miles is very, very far for me!!). But I realize now that I hate to leave this house. This is the house we bought just before we got married and we remodeled every single room in it. Everything in this house is a reflection of us...as a unit. And I hate that Evan is so little that he will never remember his first home. I also love our neighbors, the mid town location, everything.

Change is just really hard on me and I don't know why it kind of caught me by surprise this time. I think part of it is that you don't really appreciate what you have until it is gone. I see this house everyday and I never really think twice about it. But now that we are leaving, I am so sentimental about it, I get teary eyed everytime I think about how long we have left in this house. I just know when we pull away for the last time, I am going to be bawling.

I am excited about our new house and our new town. And it turns out that we know four couples within walking distance of our new house and ALL of them have young children. And I just spoke to a long time friend and found out her sister just moved there as well. So I feel really confident about this move and that it is the best decision for my family...now I just have to accept it!

And I have some new pictures of my little man to share...



No comments: