AquaPoppy Designs

17 November 2007

Soak It Up

It has been beautiful fall weather and Evan and I have been doing everything we can to soak it up. I don't know if many people realize but Oklahoma doesn't really have spring or fall. We might have a few mild days and then it is full-on bitter cold! So we have been going to the park alot and we went to the zoo three times this week!

Although Evan and I went to the zoo many times last spring and early summer, this week it was just a completely different experience for him. He was talking to all of the animals using their respective sounds and waved bye bye to every single creature. It was adorable.

Yesterday, I raked up a huge pile of leaves while Evan was napping. When he saw them, he took off at a run and just dove right in. Not flopped. More like he was stealing home. It just cracks me up that kids just KNOW what to do!

Unfortunately I forgot my camera so I was unable to document any of our fun days! I will try harder next week.

And besides just being able to enjoy this most beautiful weather, this is also one of my favorite weeks of the year. All of our family starts arriving from out of state and it is just basically a contest of who can eat the most and lots of football. My grandma makes SO MUCH food and there are many, many, many desserts to choose from. This year she is going to let me help her prepare everything, because next year, it has been decreed that I get to host Thanksgiving at my house!! I have always wanted to have my own holiday so this is very exciting that everyone trusts me this much. We will see what they decide for 2009 :)

No comments: