AquaPoppy Designs

22 November 2007

Giving Thanks

It was a beautiful Thanksgiving today. Just glorious! It was low 40's today (and two days ago it was 80...I'm telling you we don't have fall in Oklahoma!)but the sun was shining and no wind at all. That in itself was something to be thankful for.

We had dinner at my grandma's today at 1:30 just like we do at every holiday. There was so much food and it was all delicious (I am a little embarrassed about all the left overs I took, but I just couldn't help myself). And it was just so much fun to be around my family! I have missed everyone so much.

So I wanted to take a few minutes while Matt was putting Evan to sleep to list a few things that I am thankful for:

~My wonderful, wonderful husband. I know I don't give Matt enough credit on this blog or anywhere else for that matter, but I am the luckiest girl in the world to have him. He is the best friend, provider, father, leader I could ask for.

~Evan. He is a lot of work but it is the best, most fulfilling job I have ever had. And I know I learn more from him than he will probably ever learn from me. He is such a happy and loving child. He has a smile and kiss for everyone. And he brings so much joy to Matt and my life...I will be forever thankful for that! I am so blessed to be Evan's mom.

~God's grace. I have really had a rough time the past year and without His grace, I think this experience could have really allowed me to become bitter and unhappy. Instead, my relationship with God has just gotten better and better and I am a better person for it. It is the best feeling in the world to know that no matter what I go through, it is opportunity for God to let me know how much He loves me!

~My family, my two wonderful dogs, my friends (I have the best girlfriends ever!), central heat and air, down comforters, cookies, lip gloss, Target (especially since my new town does not have one...Boo!), flats, books, my digital camera, mascara, Maxalt, old movies, email.

These are just of few things of which I am grateful! I am one very blessed girl.

No comments: