AquaPoppy Designs

26 September 2008

Night Shift

Well, I am up with a very, very fussy baby girl. As long as I am holding her, she is somewhat content so I thought I would catch up on my blogging.

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about Miss Libby. She is actually a very good baby and we have had only a handful of rough nights. But today the poor girl woke up with a swollen eye and it is very watery. Per our pediatrician, I have been giving her benedryl(which she promptly spits out so I actually don't know how much she is getting) in case it is "just" allergies but it still looks pretty bad. I guess this can also be a symptom of an ear infection and I am kind of thinking that may be the case since she is now so fussy. So I am going to go ahead and take her in for an appointment in the morning.

Last Friday, Libby had her first trip to the zoo. I had a dentist appointment in the morning so when school let out, Evan, Libby, Rachel, Mom and I headed out to Mohawk. I had kind of hoped Libby would sleep but she actually let my mom carry her almost the entire time and she loved it. And Evan had a great time showing off for Rachel, or as he lovingly calls her, Ray-chew. I did have my camera with me but I forgot to take any pictures. Poor second baby!! I might have to recreate the experience for her photo albums...is that bad??

Oh, Libby's asleep! But just for the record, Evan has really cut back on his "no, stop, don't" usage. He has kindly replaced it with "not yet."

No comments: