AquaPoppy Designs

21 December 2009

Christmas Cookies

I have so many traditions I am wanting to introduce to the kids and I had a lot of them ready to do this year. Things like doing a ton of baking, making ornaments, one Christmas story a night, the Advent calendar and so many more. This year we really only did the Elf on the Shelf and our elf, Charlie, was a huge hit!!

But this year was a little hard for me. I have started prophylactic treatment for my migraines and right around Thanksgiving, I had a toxic reaction. It was really a tough few weeks with many trips to various physicians, a mri, a ct scan, and many, many medications. Honestly, it was a lot worse than it sounds. And it was so much harder because I wasn't able to do all the things I wanted to do with Evan and Libby.

However, I have had a few really great friends that helped me out during this time with play dates and car rides and errand help. While I am giving thanks... I wouldn't ever want to forget Matt, who not only had to take off work some but he really worked hard to make this a great Christmas for our little ones! And, the actual point of this post, my mom, grandma and Aunt Granny really helped with providing my kids with some of the Christmas tradition.

One entire afternoon was devoted to cookie making and decorating...I wish I would have been there to see the chaos ensue!!!



















And the final result...

1 comment:

Kat said...

Love the new blog! I'm so sorry you have been so sick. I had no idea. Praying for you.