AquaPoppy Designs

22 July 2010

Let's Go Swimming!

This year, Bartlesville opened up a splash park just a couple of miles from our house. At first, I was hesitant to go with two little ones by myself. But it didn't take me long to realize that it was a great way to spend an afternoon and wear the kids out!

Evan loved going but was not interested in actually swimming. And he hated getting water in his eyes. When I noticed they were giving swimming lessons at the park, I signed Evan up. It was a disaster!! I made Matt take him the first day because I just KNEW it was going to be ugly. He cried, he screamed. He wouldn't try anything.

By the end of the second week, Evan was jumping in and going underwater like a champ!! I have to give the credit to his instructor, Ted. He had incredible patience with Evan and by the end of lessons, Ted was definitely a hero in Evan's eyes




No comments: