AquaPoppy Designs

03 December 2008

School

Well, it has been such a blessing (and I know YOUR prayers were the answer) but Evan is really enjoying school. No more tears when I drop him off, just a little lip quiver. We started out just doing half days and gradually worked up to a full day.

I am so glad we stuck with it. I can really see how much he is gaining from his school days. He has his "ABCs" down (which he was never interested in learning with me) and is coming home singing new songs and full of news from the day.

I think the biggest benefit school can offer is teaching Evan to interact with other children. Evan is a really bright little boy but when it came to playing with others, he just didn't have a clue. I think that just comes with the territory of being the first born and hanging out with mom all day long. But even after just a few days at school, I notice him actually playing with the other kids!

So thanks so much for the prayers...God is listening :)

No comments: