AquaPoppy Designs

06 July 2008

Summer Days!

It has been so busy for us...which actually kind of surprises me. I was certain you wouldn't be able to drag me out of the air conditioning once I was eight months pregnant. But I think keeping Evan busy is key for me getting a full nights rest.

My friend Monica came into town from Denver last week and so we have taken the kids out on several excursions.

Last Sunday, we headed out to Woolaroc again. It was Kids' Fest and the kiddos had a wonderful time. There were Jupiter Jumps, petting zoos, treasure digs and several different crafts for the kids to make. However, we had a hard time getting Evan and Anna out of the sandbox.





Then on Monday, we met up again and went to the Tulsa Zoo. Monica wanted to go to Feather Fest, which I had been avoiding all summer. I finally gave in but all it did was reinforce the fact that I hate birds. Those things are ruthless and they were dive bombing us. I lasted about 60 seconds and then I couldn't get out of there fast enough...




Tuesday night, Monica and the girls drove up to Bartlesville and we went to the Kiddie Park here in town. We had a blast and I can not believe it was our first time to visit. It is about three miles from our house and it was so much fun and so cheap. Most of the rides only cost 25 cents. I was really surprised that Evan just hopped on all the rides...he acted like a pro. I think we are going again this week.






Fourth of July was spent at Uncle Mike and Aunt Dianna's. There was a ton of great food and I think this was Mike's best firework show yet! Evan spent a lot of time swimming and then Matt and I surprised him with his own toddler sized lawn chair. Let me tell you...he thought he was hot stuff. I wish I had a picture, but I forgot my camera :(

Today, Matt and I are headed off to see Phantom of the Opera at the Performing Arts Center in Tulsa. I am so excited...a real date! I have heard it is an incredible performance so I can't wait to see for myself.

No comments: