AquaPoppy Designs

12 May 2008

Happy Birthday Little Man!




I can not believe it, but little Evan is two today! I think this birthday is especially meaningful for me, but I don't know how to really describe the reasons why. Probably most significant is the fact that for the last two years...it has just been Evan and me everyday. He gets my undivided attention and that is all he has ever known. But that is getting ready to change and I hope this momma is ready for that!! However, I have been blessed with the sweetest little boy. He is so loving and kind. He is very gentle with me (it is a different story with dad!)and he is just a very happy kid. It is all of those reasons that assure me Evan will make a great big brother.

We had Evan's party on Saturday and he had a blast. Lots of our Tulsa friends headed north to spend the day with us and some of our new neighborhood friends came over also. And of course, lots of family. We did cake and ice cream and then while the kiddos played in the sprinklers, we grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. It was a great day and Evan had so much fun hanging out with the big kids.

{My apologies to the littler ones that Evan completely ignored!}

Evan's favorite part of the day:


Present time:


His new obsession:


Dunk it!


Testing out the new wheels:


The only meltdown of the day (and it was after everyone had left!!):


Worn out after the big day:


Mother's Day was wonderful. Matt had treated me to a pedicure earlier in the week and then on Sunday, he did all the diaper changing for the day. It was wonderful. We just spent the day together at home, tested out all the new toys and snacked on leftover birthday cake. What could be better?? Mother's Day is a special day anyway but it also marks the day we brought Evan home from the hospital. I don't think I will ever get a better gift than that!!

Happy Mother's Day to our moms and to all of my girlfriends that are sharing this crazy journey with me!

xoxo

No comments: