AquaPoppy Designs

08 April 2008

Second (Unofficial and Official) Days of School

Evan's second day of school was just a drop in visit to get his official school picture taken. Sounds easy enough, huh?

Well, it was a disaster. He decided from the moment we walked in that he was not interested and decided to use some new techniques to show me. He had a full-fledged temper tantrum...kicking, screaming, crying, hitting. The works.

I was mortified. He has thrown mini-fits before but nothing like this and never in public. I felt all of the other moms migrating down the hall...making sure their kids were not influenced by my heathen. It was so embarrassing but humbling. It also reinforced my decision to place him in a school setting, which I had been doubting. I really feel as though he needs the influence of other adults...not just me.

And that decision was further reinforced Friday on his REAL second day of school. Of course, Evan cried when I left. But when I got his daily progress note...it said he was cheerful and very helpful. Miss Terra told me that he cried about three minutes. He then stated, "I done. Let's play." That's my boy!!

No comments: