AquaPoppy Designs

12 May 2010

The Little Man is FOUR!!!!

Today, Evan turned four years old. He so excited about being one year older and had been talking about it for months. Really, months!


We got the birthday festivities started off by getting ice cream with some of our favorite friends, the Scheland Boys.



Afterwards, Momma Scheland and I took the boys for a game of bowling. I forgot my camera so I didn't get a single picture. But just imagine four little guys all gung ho to bowl and then slowly losing interest. At the end, Jennifer, Will and I were doing most of the bowling.

Later that evening, we did Round Two of more birthday fun. Nana came up and Evan got to open a few birthday presents.







And Nana brought up a birthday cookie for everyone to share...



And did you notice that Evan had changed into his Transformer's costume, which just happens to be Bumble Bee. It is very ironic because, just a few short minutes later, Evan got his first Bumble Bee sting. Right on his little rear end. Dad and Nana both thought he just had to go to the bathroom but the poor baby was not dancing around. He was flailing in pain. He was fine after some baking soda and benedryl but not before some serious swelling and a break out of hives. What a birthday surprise, huh?

Evan had such a great day and like I mentioned at the beginning of this post, he was so, so excited. But I have been just dreading this day. Every day he is just gaining more independence, more knowledge and more curiosity to fuel that knowledge. He starts pre-K this year and I just hate giving him up five days a week. But I am so proud of my sweet little boy. So kind, so loving and so selfless. A great big brother. A loyal friend. An eager student. I may be partial but he is one fantastic kid!

No comments: