AquaPoppy Designs

11 July 2009

Potty Training

We started potty training the day after Evan turned three and it has been going somewhat well. After the first week, I don't think he's had a single accident...except when it comes to poop. So, so frustrating. And then this is what I found the other day when I left him on the potty and told him not to get up:




He never got up, but scooted the chair out of the bathroom and all the way over to the bookshelf. I thought it was pretty funny and really whatever keeps him on that potty is fine with me.

It is difficult to not get really frustrated because I know he is such a smart kid and I don't know why he has such a hang up on this. It has been almost two months and I really don't think we have made much progress. Since he isn't one hundred percent potty trained, I can not put Evan in the three year old preschool class, even though that is really where he should be. According to his teacher, he is definitely ahead of most of the other children, especially with language skills. So, he will stay with the young three year olds in the child enrichment program. Next year, we can decide to move him to either three year old preschool OR four year old preschool. Mentally, he is definitely ready for preschool but maturity wise...not so much. You never know what difference a year will make though.

Here are a couple of other cute pictures of my two loves...

No comments: