AquaPoppy Designs

27 October 2008

Libby


I can not believe it but Miss Libby is 12 weeks old today! So to celebrate this special day, I thought I would post some random facts about our little sweetie.

~~~~~
Libby is a girl who likes a schedule. Already, she takes a nap everyday at 1 pm and goes to bed around 9 pm. If I try to alter this schedule, she becomes a VERY fussy baby!
~~~~~
Libby loves her baths!
~~~~~
Libby never cries at night to wake me up. At first, she used to grunt and wiggle. Now, she coos and kicks. It definitely makes it easier to get up in the middle of the night to take care of a happy baby!
~~~~~
One more thing about her night time routine. Libby usually sleeps about five hours before waking up to eat the first time. She then eats at 5 am, goes right back to sleep and then wakes up around 8 am. It really doesn't get much easier than that!
~~~~~
At first, Libby wouldn't let me put her down unless she was asleep. However, now she likes her swing and her bouncy seat as long as I don't leave her too long.
~~~~~
Libby loves for you to talk to her! She just smiles and chatters right back.
~~~~~
Libby has had the hiccups at least two times a day every day of her life.
~~~~~
Libby quit taking a pacifier about two weeks ago...yay!
~~~~~
This girl loves to be swaddled.
~~~~~
Libby loves to hang out on her play mat and look at her musical star.
~~~~~
Libby has slept in her crib only two times. She starts out in her bassinet every night and then sleeps with me the rest of the night.
~~~~~
When she does sleep...Libby sleeps with her mouth open. And the second she frees her arms from her swaddling, she sticks them straight up above her head.
~~~~~
How can I put this delicately? Libby makes some very un-lady-like noises, which leads me to...
~~~~~
One of the hardest parts about being Libby's mom...this baby can not tolerate chocolate. I sneak in little bites occasionally (I hate to admit this but it is usually because I forget) but for the most part, this is one chocoholic that is being forced to deal with her addiction!
~~~~~
My baby does not like to shop! Every time I have taken her into a shop (any kind of shop), she screams like a banshee!
~~~~~
Libby is very hot-natured and would prefer to go clothes-free most of the time. For a couple of days she was so fussy, I just knew she had colic. Turns out, she just needed the a/c cranked down and a layer of clothes removed!

So, that is our Libby. In a nutshell. We are so blessed to be able to say she is ours!

{{Except reading those last three over makes me wonder how she can really be related to me!!!}}

No comments: